Friday, November 23
- 03:55 pm – Mincha
- 03:57 pm – Candle lighting
- 08:00 pm – Men’s Derech Hashem Class
Saturday, November 24
- 07:45 am – Shacharit at Salem Towers
- 08:45 am – Shacharit
- 09:09 am – Latest time for Kriat Shema
- Cancelled – Jr. Congregation
- 11:15 am – Kiddush
- 03:30 pm – Mincha and Se’udah Shlishit
- 04:55 pm – Ma’ariv
- 05:05 pm – Shabbat Ends
November 25 – 30
- 08:00 am – Sunday
- 06:40 am – Monday and Thursday
- 06:50 am – Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 03:55 pm/04:25 pm – Sunday ONLY
- 09:00 pm – Monday – Thursday
- To confirm the late minyan for ma’ariv on any given day, please contact the shul.
To print this schedule, click here to go directly to the post, and then press ctrl-P (Windows) or cmd-P (Mac) to print it.
Weekly Words of Torah
High or Low
Insights into Parshat Vayetze by Rav Re’uven Ungar of Yeshivat Sha’alvim.
“..and Lavan returned to his place (limkomo). And Yaakov walked to his path (ledarko) and the angels of G-d met him” (Sefer Bereshit (31:55, 32:1).
2 people meet (not under pleasant circumstances), discuss, make a treaty, sacrifice, eat and retire. The next morning each embark on their respective ways.
Similar but not exact. As outlined above, Lavan returned to his place; Yaakov Avinu went on his derech. There are people of places and people of paths. The former are complacent; they are quite content to maintain the staus quo. The latter are driven, ambitious and strive to improve matters.
Lavan did not possess exalted spiritual aspirations. When not conniving and cheating he was fine with the same old, same old.
Yaakov dedicated his life to continue in the path- derech- of Avraham and Yitzchak. Life, and everything that is on the way, constitutes a continual path of ascent to fulfill the Word of Hashem.
The life of Yaakov Avinu contained multiple challenges in many fronts; he struggled and emerged victorious. As evidenced in the past few weeks, there is no shortage of challenges facing the Jewish People.
May we continue on the derech of Yaakov Avinu- and merit to return Home, safe and sound in all realms.