Friday, June 22
- 06:50 am – Shacharit
- 07:00 pm – Mincha
- 08:07 pm – Candle lighting
Saturday, June 23
- 07:45 am – Shacharit at Salem Towers
- 08:45 am – Shacharit
- 08:55 am – Latest time for Kriat Shema
- 10:30 am – Jr. Congregation
- 11:00 am – Kiddush
- Cancelled – Ladies’ Torah class
- Cancelled – Men’s Derech Hashem class
- 07:40 pm – Mincha and Se’udah Shlishit
- 09:00 pm – Ma’ariv
- 09:15 pm – Shabbat Ends
June 17 – 22
- 08:00 am – Sunday
- 06:40 am – Monday and Thursday
- 06:50 am – Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- 08:10 pm – Sunday – Thursday
- 07:00 pm – Friday
- 08:40 pm – Sunday – Thursday
To print this schedule, click here to go directly to the post, and then press ctrl-P (Windows) or cmd-P (Mac) to print it.
Weekly Words of Torah
Growth via Torah
Insights into Parshat Korach by Rav Re’uven Ungar of Sha’alvim.
Parshat Korach records the oppostion of Korach to the leadership of Moshe Rabeinu. The followers of Korach were swallowed up by the ground. How did this punishment fit the crime?
Korach opposed the authority of Moshe Rabeinu- which is the cornerstone of Torah. “And they will believe in you forever”- Hashem signs on the authority of Moshe to transmit the Divine message as conveyed in the Written and Oral Torah. Thus the rebellion was essentially in attack on the sanctity of the Torah.
The Maharal writes that man is known as Adam- from the ground- for a very inspiring reason. Just as the ground leads to growth of produce, man is charged to grow in a spiritual realm. This is achieved by study and practice of the Torah.
Opposition to authentic Torah stunts proper growth. Thus the followers of Korach were swallowed by the earth.
May we merit to grow with Torah!